We take privacy seriously, but it can be confusing. This page explains the Crit Hit Brit approach to privacy on this website and how it affects you.
- We collect anonymous statistics about your visit, like which of our pages you viewed
- If you sign up with us we take great care to keep your information safe and will never share it with others without your express permission.
- We have invested in Ghost (https://ghost.org/) to run our website and membership. Ghost is a major player (used by the likes of Apple and Mozilla) with top-class security. They are also carbon-neutral and non-profit which we also love!
- We never share your data with 3rd parties except to help us deliver our own services, such as the anonymous statistics used in Google Analytics.
These are just the key points. If you need detail, keep reading.
Measuring our visitors
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view within our site, how you arrived at our site, and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous – so we don’t know who you are; just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our sites are doing well, how people arrive at our site, and where our audience is based. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks
These services provide social buttons and similar features which we use on our website – such as the “Like” and “Tweet” buttons.
To do so we embed code that they provide and we do not control this ourselves. We do not have any access to your information managed by these organisations, nor can we control how those networks use it. This is in line with industry standards and aligns with most other companies' approaches when adding "Share" / "Like" / "Tweet" buttons to their websites.
If you have specifically signed up for emails, we may send you email notifications such as newsletters or updates. You have the ability to opt-out of this communication at any time using a link provided in every email.
We will never provide your personal information or email address to any third parties.
This site takes many precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
- The only personally identifiable information we collect is our membership data and we have invested in the cloud version of Ghost to manage this for us. Ghost is a major player (used by the likes of Apple and Mozilla) with top-class security. See their website for more detail: https://ghost.org/docs/security/
- All access to information is restricted by password and/or secure key
- Where 2-factor authentication is available we always adopt it
Whilst we take great care to ensure any confidential information remains protected we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
To review your Cookie preferences please click the button below.